Heya everyone, today we have brought for you a few interesting quotes of our featured anthropologists.
1. “It is easier to induce national governments to discriminate against foreign producers than to defend the interests of domestic consumers”– George W. Stocking Jr.
2. ” Instead of being presented with stereotypes by age, sex, colour, class or religion children must have the opportunity to learn that within each range, some people are loathsome and others are delightful”– Margaret Mead ( Coming of Age in Samoa).
3. “Tribalism always contributes towards the construction of Hindu temples that is yet to be completed“- G.S. Ghurye ( Caste & Race in India)
4. ” We are inclined to think of hunters and gatherers as poor because they don’t have anything; perhaps better to think of them for that reason as free“- Marshall Sahlins ( Stone Age Economics)
5. ” For three million years we were hunter-gatherers and it was through the evolutionary pressures of that way of life that a brain so adaptable and so creative eventually emerged”- Richard Leakey.
6. ” There are no races, only lines”. Frank B.Livingstone
7. ” Let us not let the world be defined by the destruction wrought by one virus, but illuminated by the billions of hearts and minds working in unity”- Pardis C. Sabeti
Dear readers these quotes have much deeper meaning than they intend to show. Please read each one carefully.
Happy blogging 🙂